The Tabitha Mary team has been slowly growing behind the scenes and whilst I (Tabitha) remain at the heart of it all I’ve needed to get some help along the way. Whether it’s with things I’m not so good at, or just the juggling act of running a business and family life!
So I thought i’d introduce the team that have a daily impact on the runnings of Tabitha Mary. Let’s start with the newest member to the TM family; Donna.
Donna joined me in November last year to help with the Christmas rush, but has been such a brilliant asset she’s now a regular, coming in twice a week to help me fulfil orders and complete lots of other behind the scenes jobs that need doing, like stock control, packaging and website admin.
I met Donna at the school gates as our son’s are in the same class together. I casually mentioned about what I do and that I was struggling to juggle all the balls and she just happened to be looking for flexible work around school hours! The rest as they say, is history.
Donna’s been such a fantastic asset, she jumped in feet first at the deep end packaging up your Christmas orders and even working a Christmas fair at Chesham School for me. The start of this year has seen her updating the websites, packaging and organising stock and generally getting more and more involved with TM. Not sure what I did without her to be honest!
So, let’s find out some fun facts about Donna with this fun little interview:
- What’s your favourite film? Tick Tick Boom! – it’s based on a true story about a song writer, staring Andrew Garfield.
- If you could have a superpower, what would you choose? I would say predicting the future! I’d like to know what’s going to happen!
- Do you own any animals? Yes! I have a lettuce dog! Also known as a German Shepherd Cross.
- If you had a time machine, would you choose to go to the future or the past? Future! Everything happens for a reason, so I wouldn’t want to change the past.
- What one piece of music would you keep on repeat? U2, with or without you.
- What’s the best thing about working for Tabitha Mary? The sandwiches!!! ha ha! Jokes (although Tabitha does make a good sandwich!) Seriously, I guess the flexibility is a massive bonus as it allows me to work around school hours and life. I also love improving my geography and watching Tabitha create her prints.
Thank you Donna! You’ve been a good sport letting me ask you silly questions!
Next up will be Lucy….