Having grown up in Sussex I have often visited the Seven Sisters from a young age. Here are my top 5 reasons to visit the Seven Sisters country park this bank holiday weekend:
- Free geography lesson! My siblings and I ALL visited the country park whilst at school to learn from its varied landscape; the meandering Cuckmere river and see what you can find on the shore in the shallow rock pools. Fun for the kids and educational!
- Push yourself physically and try the coastal path walk from Lewes to Eastbourne. I did this route when I was training to climb Kilimanjaro. A solid 26 miles, it’s a tough one. A full day with many hills! Tough work but the views are spectacular!
- Choose your mode of transport; you don’t just have to walk around the country park! There are options at the park entrance to hire bikes or canoes! This also includes an easy access flat path to the sea, suitable for buggies and wheel chairs! Everyone can enjoy this stunning place.
- There’s ALWAYS an ice cream van in the car park! After that lovely flat or hilly (you choose) walk treat yourself after to a cooling ice cream.
- With 280 hectares of land it’s a wildlife fanatics ideal spotting ground. Get those binoculars out and see what you can see!
For more information on visiting this gorgeous part of the South Coast visit the Seven Sisters Website
For a lasting memory to so many happy times spent on these chalk cliffs I created this print for my parents.
Have a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend!
Tabitha Mary x